Friday, January 6, 2012

Lose It Part II



Welcome back! How about I share some great news? I heard this week that the 90 days of Lose It officially starts this Monday. Do you know what that means? It means if you started this week then you have a head start. It also means that if you haven't started yet, you still have time to join in. Don't wait join the rest of us and set some goals and go ahead and Lose It for Jesus.

What I would like to do in this blog is share with you my Plan B HIIT workout routine. If you have seen my previous blog (Lose It Part I) then you know that I am doing an interval training program that I put together after reading Bodyweight Overdrive by Mike O'Donnell. With this plan your interval training days are every other day and alternate between Plan A and Plan B. So on Monday I did Plan A, Wednesday was Plan B, and today Friday I was back to Plan B. You get the point. This will all modify after a few weeks (4 to be exact) and I will tell you all about it then. But today I want to fill you in on my Plan B workout and sign off so that you are not here all day reading this.

HIIT Training Workout Plan B:

 I won't go over the whole interval timing thing again you can just read my previous blog if you want to see that. I will tell you that I have adjusted it a little by adding another round of exercises in the first set so now I do each exercise four times instead of three and my first set is 12 minutes long instead of 9. My second set is still 9 min long and I don't think I could add anything to it even if I wanted to. Now without any further ado here it is.


1st  exercise (40 sec): Dips 
2nd exercise ( 40 sec): Inverted Rows*
3rd exercise (40 sec): Step ups w/ knee raise (20 lb dumbbells)
20 sec rest between each, repeat 4X's

2 min rest

4th exercise (40 sec): Lateral Raises (8 lb dumbbells)
5th exercise (40 sec): Burpies
6th exercise (40 sec): Turkish Get Ups (20 lbs)
20 sec rest between each, repeat 3X's

note: * designates the exercises that I use rope suspended from the ceiling to modify the exercise.

Thanks again for reading! Have a great weekend. Don't give up and shoot for the small victories the will carry you on to victory. Be sure and share your stories with me so we can celebrate together.

1 comment:

  1. Love the workout regimen posted.This should be fun.

    ReplyDelete